At Allied, we see many technology manufacturers struggle to balance the competing needs of profitability and bankability from technology concept through to commercial deployment and them providing a guarantee to a project developer or EPC contractor.
Allieds' Debt Protection Accreditation Programme: is designed for technology manufacturers who have an operational demonstration unit, with a reasonable period of the operational data unit.
The technology accreditation starts with an initial in-house due diligence review of documented evidence of the process. The review, which is at no cost, is to determine the possibility of reaching successful commercialisation and suitability of the provision of guarantees through Debt Protection Insurance (DPI®) Which when commercially deployed available to the project developer, subject to the due diligence required under the Debt Protection Platform.
This initial review is to understand the current status of the demonstration unit, history, due diligence and testing regimes, proposed manufacturing approach- achievable quality and productivity, the fabrication of all components, and ensuring that the various elements are built to comply with industry best practice, both in terms of materials and manufacture. Any gaps or areas of concern identified are ranked for further discussion.
Based on the completeness of the data and information provided we issue a report that summarises the acceptability of the technology which could include a Statement of Suitability for DPI® which is provided, after review and acceptance by our broker.
Should further detailed due diligence be required, we will discuss this with you in detail with you including with an estimation of time and cost.
The accreditation will have an identification number which is specific to the process on which the due diligence was carried out. Any variations to the original process and to the due diligence would not be covered by the accreditation and additional due diligence would be required.
Benefits of DPI® accreditation;
- Concludes for your Project Developer with a financial guarantee to support their project.
- Contributes to a positive corporate image,
- A competitive advantage,
- An accreditation of bankable technology.
- Reduce the maturity timeline normally required by lenders.
- Reduce the time of costly due diligence for the project developer.
- Increase acceptance for EPC contractors
- Reduced need to borrow expensive money to keep the plant running under demonstration status.
- Fast track towards commercial deployment and export.
- Your technology can be used in a competitive tender with the support of DPI®.